Thursday, June 13, 2013

Our First Day in Tokyo

Hello~

I am finally in Japan!! Banzai \(@ ̄∇ ̄@)/!!!

So here is a quick update on our first day of arrival...

As expected,  I didn't sleep at all on the plane and on our way to our hotel which took more than an hour and a half, so you can imagine how very exhausted I was by the time we reached @____@.

But my exhaustion was immediately lifted once we arrived at the hotel~

Hotel Niwa Tokyo~

It's located in Chiyoda-ku, a very quiet place that is near the Nihon University and JR Suidobashi Station which only takes one interchange to get to the Yamanote line - the main Tokyo line that links to major areas in Tokyo. 

The reason why I chose this hotel was not only because of its convenience to the station, but also its beautiful Japanese ambient, free wi-fi, and super friendly and helpful staffs (Yes, they can actually speak pretty fluent English!). When we failed to go Japan the last time, we phoned them requesting for a cancellation at the very last minute and explained our situation to them. The staffs there were so kind to waive off our one night penalty from their policy for not making a cancellation within 48 hours. So touched by their service( ╥﹏╥)! Then I told myself we got to stay in this hotel during our next Tokyo trip (Photo is taken from their official website)!  I think choosing Hotel Niwa is one of the best decisions I have made this year (~ ̄▽ ̄)~.

The hallway to our room.

They gave me a room on the higher floor with a nice scenery as requested ( ─ ‿‿ ─)

Our room looks exactly like the photo that was featured on their official website as shown here. What a perfect place to be after a tiring long flight (▰˘◡˘▰)

It comes with a big and deep bathtub....

...with shampoo and other daily wash which they will refill everyday.

And an advance washlet that is pretty common in Japan. I wonder why we don't have such advance toilets in Singapore, not even in those 5 stars hotels >.<.

This is my dear's corner and also his favorite place in our room ^-^.

As he will spend most of his time playing his laptop while enjoying the scenery and cool air  (▰˘◡˘▰)

Then, we had our dinner in a small ramen store that was located near our hotel. 

And we made our order from this machine!! Cool huh (*≧▽≦)ノ~? But we realized, it's not that uncommon for restaurants in Japan to operate with the use of such machine. 

Here come our ramen~!! It's super delicious!!
おいしい!!
My dear likes it so much that he wants to eat there everyday ^0^!

After dinner, we went shopping in the convenience stores and were amazed by their products and their very pretty packaging.

Look at their variety of coffee displayed~! I could not resist and bought one.

 The latte tastes exactly like those from starbucks ^^. Not a disappointment. (Photo taken by my dear~ I am a fan of his photography already (*´▽`*)).

We realized that Japanese love to carry umbrellas around and use them even though it isn't raining or just drizzling slightly. It seems like a common practice here during the rainy season. So, here's a picture of me trying to look like one of them before ending this post (/^▽^)/ .


See you on my next update (。♥‿♥。),
Ashley~


0 comments:

Post a Comment