Sunday, July 14, 2013

Tsukiji Market

Hello~
 Before heading to Japan, we heard plenty of great reviews regarding the sushi in Tsukiji Fish Market. The stories are almost like the Hello Kitty Craze queue in Singapore. But in Japan, when you experience a long queue, be prepared to taste great food. Every morning, Japanese and foreigners from all over the world will start queuing as early as 4:30am just to get a seat in the super popular sushi shop at Tsukiji Fish Market, Sushi Dai. On the side note, the later you arrive, the longer the queue will be.
 So my dear and I woke up at 6:30am on a Monday morning for a cab ride to the Tsukiji Fish Market. My dear was thoroughly amazed by the taxi doors being remotely controlled by the drivers. You are not supposed to open or close the cab doors by yourself. Talk about wonderful service 。◕‿◕。 ....
Looking tired from the lack of sleep but I was ready for some great sushi ヾ(☆▽☆) .
So we arrived at Tsukiji Market shortly after and was shocked to find the queue for Sushi Dai had extended until the roadside with people seated along the border dying to enter >____<. But judging by the queue, I didn't think they will make it in for the next two hours or so.


 Thus, we decided to opt for Sushi Daiwa, which is operated by the son of Sushi Dai, that has a much shorter queue.

Happy folks waiting behind us (゜∀゜).

We waited for close to an hour before we were given a seat inside the very small sushi bar. The feeling was like an accomplishment unlocked for me as I had never queue for anything  for that long out of pure desire.


We went for omakase at ¥3,900 that includes about 11 pieces of sushi that comes with miso soup and tamago and a final “diner’s choice” piece.

The rolls came first which didn't have the most memorable taste (¬д¬。).

Then there was the ebi sushi, tamago, and my top two favorites: Uni and Otoro sushi ヽ(*≧ω≦)ノ!!
As much as my dear did not agree with me as he's not a sushi lover, I am totally in love with their Uni and Otoro sushi that both melts in my mouth. They are very generous with their uni serving, and I can still clearly remember the sweetness and freshness of how it taste. Truly heaven (ノ゚0゚)ノ~!!
Whatever they are serving come from fishes that were caught on the same day which explains the extreme freshness.

Just by looking at the photos make me hungry for their sushi again (>0<)!!
I hope I will be able to try the father's shop, Sushi Dai, during my next visit to Tokyo, as I heard the sushi served there is of a higher level. It's hard to believe that there is actually better sushi than the ones I ate in Daiwa  ∑(O_O;).

Whether you are a sushi lover or not, you will not want to miss visiting these legendary sushi shops (ノ_ _)ノ.

After our breakfast, we headed to Odaiba, which I will continue on my next post!!
Hello Kitties fans will not want to miss this o(≧▽≦)o!

I'll see you soon (≧∇≦)/,
Ashley 



0 comments:

Post a Comment